CHOOSING A PIERCING ...
For a new piercing we have two kinds of material: titanium and 18-carat gold. Between these, we have a reasonable range in the shop to choose from. Both a bar and a ring is possible. If you want something specially made, our goldsmith can do so. Take an example of the draft, and we will discuss it with you.
THIS IS HOW YOU PREPARE ...
It is advisable not to out the day before and make sure you have eaten well. Then you feel fit and relaxed, just like us. Do not worry and don’t listen to wild stories about pain. If you are relaxed, is not that bad at all. Feel free to bring someone with you if you like. As long as it's not a herd, it’s ok by us. IF SO DESIRED THE WORKPLACE CAN BE SHIELDED SO AS TO HAVE PRIVACY.
Hygiene is an important part of the piercing process. Therefore, we always use new needles, sterilized clamps and new gloves. Everything that comes into contact with skin, is either disposable or sterilized. Your safety = our safety. So no sweat!
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE?
EVERYBODY UNDER THE AGE OF 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT. Up to 21 years, we must unfortunately ask you to show an ID.
WHAT CAN BE PIERCED AND FROM WHAT AGE?
From 12 years (must be accompanied by parents) or over 16 years:
DOES IT HURT TO GET A PIERCING?
It aint all that bad. Do not listen to others and trust your piercer. She will put you at ease and explain how you can relax best.
CAN I GET AN ANESTHETIC IF I GET PIERCED?
No. We do not use anesthetic injections because the needle hurts as much as the piercing itself. It would therefore make no sense. Relaxation is the only thing that works.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A PIERCING TO HEAL?
Depending on your constitution, your lifestyle and what kind of piercing. The healthier you live and the better you take care of it, the shorter the healing process.
Before the actual piercing we tell you exactly how to take care of it. We also give you an aftercare form that you can take home. If you still have questions, feel free to give us a call.
AFTERCARE GENITAL PIERCINGS
- Twice a day washing with luke-warm water.
- After going to the toilet treat with Unicura whipies, for three weeks.
- At least 3 weeks no sauna, steambath, Jacuzzi. No swimming, no washing with soap and no soaking in a bath. Shower is ok (or you might get smelly)
SPECIAL RULES FOR MEN:
- First two weeks no intercourse (that sucks, right?)
- 2-4 weeks after: use condom
- Avoid erections in the first two weeks (think of your mother in law. If she is gorgeous, think of your grandma, if that doesn’t work you are one sick puppy)
- Pee sitting. After all this: have fun and enjoy.
- Be nice
Healing period: 4-6 weeks